Check out the upcoming events:
Friday, February 5th
StormFest is back. The Carnegie Science Center is extending the popular weather-related event into the evening for the 21+ crowd! Discover the science of weather, learn about geography, geology, meteorology, and more!
- Make rocks and weather maps.
- Discover the effects of El Niño and updrafts.
- Check out the fan-favorite tornado in a jar activity.
- Try your hand at raindrop experiments.
- Make some paper snowflakes to take home.
- Experience weather demos by Science Center staff in the Works Theater. Watch a pencil break a wooden board at tornado speeds and witness a one-million volt lightning strike from our giant tesla coil!
Hands-on activity stations are deigned and presented by California University of Pennsylvania students, who are currently majoring in geology, geographic information systems, mathematics, and education.
As always, 21+ Night features a cash bar, live music, and the chance to experience four floors of hands-on exhibits – with no kids! Find out more at www.carnegiesciencecenter.org.